Nightmares...

When ds wakes up from what seems to be a nighmare, he is worse when held. He just wants to know that Iam still around and then put him down so he can goback to sleep. He screams worse and wants to be put down--I am thinking nightmare or startled awake and he is tired and wants to go back to sleep. Is my son the only one that does this. It rarely happens btw.
I am not sure it's a nighmare...most likely though. He will be 13 months in 6 days btw.

Sorry about my grammar, I was trying to sleep when ds startled me. It is 4 am here.

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 7:03 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let's just say you're fortunate in the grand scheme of things.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:35 AM on May. 14, 2011

• my son does the same thing. I think it's nightmares. I just tell him it's ok and hold his hand or hold him. He gets calmed down by the sound of my voice usually

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:02 AM on May. 14, 2011

• He does want to be picked up but not helpf for that long. He wants to hear my voice and go back to sleep. Marc has always had an idependant sreak in him but thankfuly he still needs me:)
    tickled_pink09

Comment by tickled_pink09 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It doesn't happen often, but my son wakes up from nightmares too... normally I just hold him and rub his back, and talk to him softly for a few minutes and he calms down. Sometimes he goes right back in his crib, but most of the time he starts to cry again when I try to put him back in the crib, and we bring him into our bed with us (we've never co-slept) and he snuggles between us until he falls asleep again. Then one of us brings him back into his own room. I'm glad it doesn't happen too often; aside from the obvious fact that it makes my son upset and scared, the way he screams when he has a nightmare scares the everloving hell out of me!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 10:51 PM on May. 14, 2011