Pre-eclampsia

wut is Pre-eclampsia

and the signs also can it kill the baby

i am only 17 and really dont know medical turms so plz try to explane so i can understand

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it can hurt the baby... I've never heard of it killing them though. Signs are swelling and high blood pressure. Swelling in your feet and legs, like ALOT. if you don't have high blood pressure though you don't need to worry about it
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• hun i had pre clamsia.
    i couldnt walk. my feet were swollen where i couldnt even bend them pressure..and it got worst when i tried standign o them.
    my blood pressure was ok one day the next it was sky high.
    They do a 24 hour piss test. to see if there is protei in it...
    then if it does they tend to take the baby.
    the reason is yes it can kill you or the baby. it makes your blood pressure high..could effect the baby. plus it can cause sisures.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Pre-eclampsia is basically another word for high blood pressure during pregnancy. To help the condition, keep your feet elevated, and sleep on your left side as much as possible. Relax as much as possible. I found that "white noise" such as ocean sounds as I was going to bed helped. Also, avoiding foods high in sodium, caffeine, and sugar helps. Also, eating foods high in fiber helps, such as carrots, lettuce, apples, fruits, and vegatables. Loud noise, such as some music can make it worse temporarily.

Although it has a chance of killing the baby and you, it is rare. Doctors will keep pretty close tabs on you, and they'll probably induce labor a little faster than some other women. I not only had pre-eclampsia during my pregnancy, but I was also an insulin dependent diabetic, and I delivered a perfectly beautiful baby boy, who is now 20. Good luck, contact me if you need more info.
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 12:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• In extremely rare cases it is possible to have pre-eclampsia without high bp. I believe it's less than a 1% chance though.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2008