MY 2 YEAR OLD AND HIS 1ST TIME ON A PLANE WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW????

MY SON IS 2 AND THIS WILL BE HIS 1ST TIME AND MINE ON A PLANE I WAS TOLD THAT IT WILL HURT HIS EARS AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER STUFF, I JUST NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS REALLY ANYTHING WILL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mommy2aPRINC210

Asked by Mommy2aPRINC210 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Travel

• My son has been flying back and forth from south carolina to san diego since he was 1. He was perfectly fine. The biggest issue was changing him on the plane. What a headache.
    Jessnpat2

Answer by Jessnpat2 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• It hurt my 11 year old's ears when she flew at the age of 9 in 06. I forgot the gum and the earplugs. That's the only thing that bothered her. Bring plenty for him to do, bring him something to do, if he has a paci, bring that. He'll be okay and so will you. I love flying!
    momofthree1084

Answer by momofthree1084 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Just make sure that you take a sippy cup so that he has something to suck on when the elevation changes so that his ears can "pop". Otherwise, his ears will hurt.
    Brugmansialvr

Answer by Brugmansialvr at 12:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I fly alot with my two year old and my one year old. When taking off and landing just make sure you give him something to chew or drink. His favorite candy or what not. I gave my son m&m's or skittles. Have stuff for him to do so he won't get cranky. A portable dvd player works great.
    two.under.two

Answer by two.under.two at 12:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Diaper changing IS a toughie!
    Bring juice boxes. Get him some snacks (grapes) so he is chewing on take off and landing.
    Bring a new book, coloring book, fancy pen, toy. Ask for a blanket and pillow. Bring a walkman and Cds.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Benedryl--so you can rest! Plus the gum/sippy cup on take-off and landing. Or nurse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• give him tylenol about an hour before take off and if it is a long flight (more than the 4-6 hours inbetween doss of tylenol) give him it 1 hour before you land too. My son did great on the planes with just that. The plane engine is somewhat of a sleep inducer too so be prepared for a lot of holding! Let him be by the window, even my 5 month old had fun looking out the window! Hope you have good luck!
    luvmybbyboy23

Answer by luvmybbyboy23 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2008