KAYDEN THROWING HUGE FITS

I have noticed that everytime my son's father is over or after he leaves my son throws terrible fits. But when his father is here and he throws them he doesn't want his father at all, he only wants me. My son only does it when he see's his father. Every other time he's completely fine. I don't know why he is throwing these fits. Can anyone give me some advice?

SpringMommy07

Asked by SpringMommy07 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I take it you and dad are not together any more?? All kids have an attitude after seeing the absent parent. Doesn't matter what age. I was 12 when my mom and dad separated. And I would have an attitude when I got home. Didn't matter which parent I was living with at the time. My children were 2 & 4 when they're dad and I separated. They did the same thing. It's because as children they don't understand why they can't have both mommy and daddy as a whole family if that makes any since to you. You said some times your DS holds on to you and won't go to dad. Most likely he is mad at dad because dad will be leaving and he knows it. GL hope this helps
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 3:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2008