When is a good time to start stocking up om pampers?

So I'm just trying to figure out when is a good time to start stocking up on pampers, and what sizes should you get?

SimplyJassy

Asked by SimplyJassy at 8:38 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• How about getting a walmart gift card, and add money to it each week that would equal the cost of 1-2 diapers. They have cute cards, like diaper ones. That way you can just have money saved up to get diapers as needed. I started out with pampers but hated them... I like parent choice the best.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:27 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I am guessing you are pregnant? I never had to buy many diapers in the beginning, I got so many as shower gifts. The one thing I would reccommend would be to not buy lots of just one brand. All babies are different, and the diapers someone else liked best, may not work for you. I actually did not like a lot of the major brands, store brands to me were so much better! But, you may not find that to work for your baby. Also, I received so many newborn size before my dd was born, they were wasted since she was too big for them. If you want to buy some, start with size 1, a few packs, and maybe different brands to see what works best for you! The hospital will have newborn size if you need those, and they should send you home with at least one pack!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 8:46 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I started when I was about 6 months along, and just bought a bag a week. I went up a size ever 4 weeks or so, just to have a variety stock piled. You can always exchange them later if you have too few or too many of one size.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:43 AM on May. 14, 2011

• NOW.

#1 Keep the recipes. You can RETURN them for another brand if baby is allergic.

#2 I usually buy 6 packages of newborn, 8 to 9 things of size 1, 8 of size 2 and the rest in size 3 since that is the size they are in the longest. If you need more you can always get them later and if they out grow a size AGAIN you can return them!!!

I usually buy some each week and store them in the closet.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:19 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Ialready started and i'm only 6 weeks. I KNOW that by time this kid comes were gonna be struggling with money, Im due right after xmas & its baby #4. I buy in all sizes but for the jump i will have 4-5 packs of newborns, then about 6-10 of size ones and so on.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:42 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I would only buy them if they are on sale. Other than that, no stocking up required, in fact you might pay more than if you wait.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:48 AM on May. 14, 2011

• with my dd i bought mayb 2 or 3 packs of nb sizes and i didnt have to buy a size one pack at all because my friend went to babies r us and got this huge pack of size 1 and it was perfect mayb you should look into that? youll get alot of diapers at your shower and the hosp susplies them while you are there! and mayb some one will make you a diaper cake thse are soo helpfull in the begining too!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:52 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't stock up like matthewscandi states ... my kids developed terrible rashes/burns with the Pampers brand. You won't know what diaper is best until you've actually tried them on your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 14, 2011

• If you do, don't bother with newborn size, my kids were born too big for them. Buy only 1 pack of size 1. Buy a bunch of size 2 and 3. I loved Pampers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:06 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't unless you are on a strict budget and really need to for the reasons others have mentioned.

Answer by missanc at 9:19 AM on May. 14, 2011