Congress membes are looking at the Osama pictures

So it's only contentious and possibly life threatening to our soldiers if the American people see the pictures? Maybe it's not so bad if just a few people see them? Where is the reasoning in letting congress see the pictures but not the people?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 8:43 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• shrugging But a part of me thinks we will see the pic eventually maybe when a rating boost is needed.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 8:54 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Charis nailed it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:55 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Congress members are less likely to do stupid things like post them on facebook with various obscenities and offenses photoshopped onto them or whatever.

Slightly less likely, anyway.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 9:12 AM on May. 14, 2011

***
    Really?! That's why you think they haven't been released to the public?! Wow.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:14 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Where is the reasoning in letting congress see the pictures but not the people?

I'd like to know the answer to this also. According to Obama the pictures were to remain "classified", i guess the entire administration and now Congress are the only exception.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:35 AM on May. 14, 2011

• "Really?! That's why you think they haven't been released to the public?! Wow."

Really?! You can't understand a joke when you see it?! Wow.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 9:45 AM on May. 14, 2011

• good lord just let it go1
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 10:04 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Really?! You can't understand a joke when you see it?! Wow.

***
    Considering ALL of your posts have the same tone...I guess, I'm to assume that they're all JOKES, and I shouldn't take any of what you say seriously?! Okay!! LOL :o)

How about toning down the sarcasm, and actually contributing in a productive manner? And if your "jokes" are due to your not understanding the issue, and feeling insecure, then do what everyone else does and just lurk and read until you DO have a better understanding from those who DO know a few things!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:26 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I am completely appalled that we were "allowed" to see the HORRIC images from 911. I am glad we did because it was our right to see what was done to our country and our people but how ridiculous is it that we can see the HORROR that Osama caused and NOT see the son of bitch dead!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Well, I actually agree with the facebook comment. A small group of people seeing something in private is one thing, announcing it to the world, posting it on every news station in the world, which will happen if it is released, is completely different.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:40 AM on May. 14, 2011