Any moms with kids with extreme mental disorders like borderline antisocal disorder/ antisocal disorder/ oppsitional defiant/ Narcissistic/ Histrionic Disorder here?

MechelleMom

Asked by MechelleMom at 8:50 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes, what's your question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Yes why?

Answer by gemgem at 10:06 AM on May. 14, 2011

• oh thank god im not the only 1, for the last 10 yrs ive been all over the place with my daughter, im in the final part of getting her into residency
    MechelleMom

Comment by MechelleMom (original poster) at 10:42 AM on May. 14, 2011

• i feel alone when it comes to the activites of my daughter
    MechelleMom

Comment by MechelleMom (original poster) at 10:43 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I'm sorry--what's going on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I have a 17 year old daughter who has been like this for her entire life. She is anti social, depressed, has panic attacks! It is exhausting, and you do feel like you are the only one. I still feel that way. This past year has been one of the worst years of my life with my daughter. She doesn't do anything that other teenagers like to do . She wont drive, go to parties, movies vary rarely, swim in summer I mean the list goes on. We did put her into the hospital for a few days last month. Not sure that helped her. I definetly feel you pain you are not alone. I hope thiongs get better for you, and your child. Is residency like a hospital?
    Lola552

Answer by Lola552 at 11:24 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Just another usual day of "guard duty" for me but the weekends seem to be the hardest because i have to stay vigilant. i sometimes feel the last 10 yrs have been a Stephen king novel that i don't want to be written as a character and i cant wait till the story ends. does or has anythone with kids like this ever felt the same?
    MechelleMom

Comment by MechelleMom (original poster) at 11:25 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Lola552 residency is the last resort i guess you can say, she will be going there for between 6 months to a year, she has been baker acted 4 times in 1 yr, stayed 4 times at short term facilities.
    MechelleMom

Comment by MechelleMom (original poster) at 11:28 AM on May. 14, 2011

• no, i'm sorry
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:21 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Have you tried looking for groups on CM with people dealing with the same thing you are?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:08 AM on May. 15, 2011