How Should Retailers Mark the Holiday Season? Should the White House not have a Christmas Tree?

MSNBC votes so far have Merry Christmas as 76%.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28003315/?GT1=43001
Do you consider who says Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday's when you shop?

Do you think the White House Christmas Tree is violating seperation of Church and State?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• it's CHRISTMAS.. why not say it?!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Christmas is such a commercialized holiday. I see nothing wrong with the White House having a tree.

And I don't really say Merry Christmas OR Happy Holidays to strangers : / I'm just weird like that, if someone says it to me (and I don't care which they say), I'll say "You too!" in return. I'm not a social person, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I go with Happy Holidays because Christmas is not the only holiday this time of year.

and Christmas is a commercial holiday now a days anyways so who the heck cares if there is a tree at the white house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• The White House is just that, a house. A lot of people live there. Should they not be able to celebrate what they believe in their own home?? And I say Merry Christmas and I've never had anyone get offended. And I wouldn't get offended if someone said Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza or anything else. I think people need to get over themselves and seriously just get a LIFE already. It's just a nice greeting! Say thank you or whatever you celebrate in return.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• One Nation under GOD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• anon 12:32 - that doesn't specify which one though! ;oP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think if the White House has a christmas tree it is fine, but maybe they should have things that represent the other holidays also? And if someone blows up in your face for saying Merry Christmas they need to take a chill pill..they are just trying to be nice. People take things to seriously these days.
    Merry Christmas!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think it would be cool if the White House did Holi.

But I think they're both fine.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Now that there are going to be little girls living at the white house for the next 4 years, I hope next year they get to have a live cerche in one area and the big inflatable santa and Frosty and stuff in another area, and so on, I mean make it a child's fantasy wonderland! After all there should be SOME major kick-ass perks for the kids living in the white house and all, and having to put up with secret service goons and all the crap, they should get some good too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• get to have a live creche in one  *I meant to say

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2008