It's going to be a loooong morning...

It's that time of the month where the kids are required to clean their rooms so they can be vacuumed. Yes. that's right once a month they clean up and get their floors cleaned. While DD is pretty good normally to pick up regularly all on her own so she can find her things.... not today-and it's not even THAT bad. Today she wants to fight with me. It seems she will be eating lunch in her room today. DS on the other had who's room was a WRECK is 1/2 way done!! Ever have days that you just know are going to be long and exhausting...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:06 AM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow, well i taught my children how to start cleaning their rooms when they were 4-5 yrs old, and my rule is that their rooms had to be kept clean, so thats never been a problem for me really.
    MechelleMom

Answer by MechelleMom at 9:13 AM on May. 14, 2011

• once a month? eew
    LoveMyLos

Answer by LoveMyLos at 9:15 AM on May. 14, 2011

• All the time, I can usually tell within the first hour how the rest of the day goes and it all depends on the moods of everyone in the house. If one person is being negative, it usually messes up the day for everyone else. I feel for you. Good luck with your daughter today.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 9:28 AM on May. 14, 2011

• If they choose to live in a pig sty they suffer the consequences such as lost favorite toys and broken books ect... DD has learned nad he room is never that bad. DS still hasn't caught on... he will. I pick my battles day to day and this is one I choose to let go. I am more interested in getting handle on the fighting and keeping the living room neat, putting away dishes and putting away toys in the back yard. Their room is their domain, I just keep it sanitary. Sine there is no food or dirty clothes int he room it's just toys and books. Not really that ew. Just looks like a toy box exploded.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:50 AM on May. 14, 2011