Here's one I always wondered about... If the end is on it's way...

Why did you have children? I mean, if you actually believe the world is so bad that God has to step in and end things, why would you want to bring babies in to it?

Never understood that...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because we dont know when the end is coming? I am not going to live in fear over when he might return. Instead I feel like I should live my life, have kids, a career and all of that. The logic you are using would also beg the question why buy a house? Have a job?> A car? Why not run around naked in the woods waiting for God? On top of it I am raising my children in my church and hopefully they will be joining me in heaven if and when he does come back in my lifetime.

Answer by gemgem at 10:11 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Because deep down they know it's not really going to happen.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:11 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Anyone with half a brain knows the world is going to end. We just don't know when. It could be 100 years from now so why not have kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I would have to say not working and not having a car would be detrimental. Aren't you supposed to be "spreading the good news" how could you do that if you lived in a box? No one would take you seriously... SO those things would in fact be a must if you were going to live your life by the "rules" set down by your own faith. But to bring a child in to a world which is obviously so evil simply makes no sense unless you're so selfish that you are doing it for YOU...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 AM on May. 14, 2011

_________

Actually it's more like 5 BILLION years away, by which time me, my children and all of our human decedents will be long gone... So having children today has nothing to do with the end of the world for those of us with enough of a brain to understand basic science.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Or why didn't God just erase mankind from the face of the earth when Adam and Eve sinned? Mankind has known from the beginning that there would be an end with a Judgment, but since we don't know when it is, we still must live. God commands us to "be fruitful and multiple." And while we are no doubt closer to the end now than Adam and Eve were, there is no guarantee that the world will end in our lifetime. Children are a gift from God; an inheritance even. Why would we NOT have children?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:20 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Why would we NOT have children?

The question is why WOULD you... If you honestly, in your heart, believe that the world is so evil that God has to step in. I mean, if I believed the world was evil and that God was going to destroy it I certianly wouldn't have wanted to bring children in to it. I love my children way to much to want them to suffer any second of their life, let alone to bring them in to an evil world where they aren't going to grow up anyways because God's going to destroy everything... What exactly is the point?

Unless of course you don't honestly believe the world is going to end in your lifetime or even theirs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Did you read anything I wrote ... your point is moot, because God has told us that this world would end right from the beginning and yet still commanded us to have children. And since we don't know when the end, there is no point in being hyper-paranoid by NOT having children. There simply isn't a good reason not to.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:29 AM on May. 14, 2011

• because you know (if you believe in god) that your children will just zip up to heaven if they are young enough. or if they are old enough to make their own choices you have taught them well about the lord and all that jazz.

my dd was unplanned. but the best miracle ever.
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 10:29 AM on May. 14, 2011

• So god is the selfish one? He wants to destroy the world, but yet wants you to still bring innocent children into it?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:30 AM on May. 14, 2011