2nd tri ultrasound

Im 14weeks now but when i go to my next doc apt ill be about 17weeks along and my doc still hasnt told me when i can find out the sex of the baby yet? with my dd i had an ultra sound at 16 or 17 weeks..when did you have your ultrasound to find out the sex? im thinking bout asking my doc if i can make an apt later that week?? my sis is wanting to have a reveal party for me so i wouldnt actually find out till the party but im soo anxiouse to find out it would be awesome to have a lil boy!!

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 10:11 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was 19 weeks when i had mine done! i think they give you the option to check around 16-20 weeks but it could be later every dr is different.. good luck! :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:58 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I scheduled an elective ultrasound at 17 weeks because my doctor won't do it until 22 weeks. I was like you, too anxious to wait! :-)

A lot of doctors wait until you're a little further along, because the further along you are, the more accurate measurements and such are.

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:37 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Most doctors do them around twenty weeks these days because that is when diagnostics are done.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:14 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i went in to the doctors yesterday thinking i was going to be sent for an ultrasound early next week, im 17w6d today..and she scheduled the us for 3 weeks from now..ill be just at 20 weeks..
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 2:35 PM on May. 14, 2011