Letting go.

So yesterday I did it. I pointed and clicked at L.L.Bean.com and ordered my son...a soon to be kindergartener this fall..his back pack and matching lunch box. He is #4 out of 5 kids and this doesn't get easier :( If your kids are school age, how did you handle the "letting go" process. Guess I can't keep him home forever lol.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:18 AM on May. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• One of those things in life we lose control over so we don't really have a choice. Good luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:44 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I've never had a problem with it. My 4th starts kindergarten in the fall and I can't wait. I'm so excited for her. I've been looking forward to this for the last 2 years. 4 down and 1 to go. My oldest is starting middle school in the fall and I'm excited for her, too.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:44 PM on May. 14, 2011

• lol... I agree with justanotherjen - my 4th also starts this fall. She is on cloud 9 and so am I. Don't get me wrong, I adore my daughter to the moon and back, but she gets so bored at home with just me and the baby. She would much rather go color with her friends at school than me. I look at it this way - I can stand back and be the proud mama of a kiddo running off on the first day of school that isn't bawling her eyes out. I just look forward to that big hug and kiss that she will run over and give me when I go to pick her up. :) Focus on the positives - the best way through a tough situation. :)
    daisypetals2000

Answer by daisypetals2000 at 1:56 AM on May. 15, 2011