If this was your kid...would you go back?

My daughter got 19 staples put in her knee this morning. She busted it open in athletics at school. I went to change her bandage this evening and saw he staples and they look horrible!!!! Very!!!!! there is no uniformity, no symmetry, they are just thrown in there. They are going to cause her scar to be way worse than it should. I went back to the ER and they said that as long as the skin edges are together it is ok. But my gut says that they just aren't right!! What would you do? She doesn't have her follow up until Monday and that may be too late to redo them.

-kelli-

Asked by -kelli- at 12:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Health

• an er doctor only puts them in they should have got you a plastic surgon just because it was the right thing to do. the healing has already started and contacting your regular doc will be your best option. I hate taking my kids to the er they just dont' care!!!i'm sorry for your experience.
    roughcampmom

Answer by roughcampmom at 8:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Hell yea ER doctors SUCK MAJOR BIGTIME I was having problems with my appendix was throwing up and having bad pain they knew I wasnt pregnant casue they had it on their charts that I had my tubes tied,the smart ass doctor said it was just gas. Well later on that night I had to call 911 cause my appendix was rupturing talk about pissed and major pain! And to top it off my son was a newborn just a couple weeks old,so instead of restin gin the hospital i pretended I felt fine and went home right after the surgery so I could nurse my little one..Doctors are only good for removing body parts.Nothing Else.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2008