• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else take their kids on walks in the cold?

My hubby says not to but I dont see why itd be a problem if my son is bundled up. I need to start walking again and losing weight. My son is 15mths. Anyone else take their kids on walks out in the cold?

mrsmilander

Asked by mrsmilander at 12:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i do .. MY son ids 4 months old.. i just bundle him up nice and cozy... and make sure the wind isn't blowing in his face..
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• we try almost everyday...we let them walk in the school yard across the street to wear them out...they love it. cold air will help them breath too..just make sure you dont go from cold to warm/hot too much or so fast.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I try to keep my daughter out of the cold as much as possible, I wouldn't want to know that she got a cold or the flu from taking a stroll out it the cold.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Do you not have a mall near you where you can walk around? Most malls usually have stroller fit clubs where a bunch of mamas just walk the mall. Its a lot of fun. Besides you get to window shop while your walking! It beats being out in the cold, even if you little one is bundled, you never know what could happen with colds, ear infections, and so on. Hope this helps!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• As long as they are bundled up, its not a biggie...You can't get sick from the cold...you get sick from viruses and bacteria (really, if anything is going to make you sick, it is being inside with all the people that are sick and germy).
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 12:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• a mall is a half hr from us.

I mean he has gloves and a hat and shoes and everything to keep him warm.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Everyday. I bundle her up and put her in the stroller. She is always warm head to toe when we get home (except for her cheeks).
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think that you baby will be fine. My kids walk to school everyday in the cold in the morning. I put my 12 month old in the stroller and we get to walking with them and i put his clothes on his shoes and socks and then the hat gloves i even put a blanket. He loves it.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 11:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I am with luchousdiva here. We live like 3 blocks from the school and I cannot justify have DH drive him to school unless it is snowy out. My daughter is 10 months old, but I put her in socks and slippers and her puffy jacket with little mitten and a blanket and she is good and warm except her little cheeks when we get home.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2008