If you believe in the Rapture...

...(pre or post-trib), what makes you think that God thinks so little of the rest of his creation that he would destroy it?

thalassa

Asked by thalassa at 12:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do believe in the rapture and will try to give the quick readers digest answer.

1) God did destroy everything before.. in the days of Noah the flood
    2) God doesn't think so little of His creation but as in the days of Noah... it has grown more and more evil and wicked
    3) God thought enough of His creation and loved thim so much that He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross as the perfect sacrafice for all... even though He knew many would reject Him
    4) Even after the rapture those who remain will still have a chance... if they refuse to worship the beast and refuse to take his mark... they can still give their lives to God through Jesus and spend eternity with Him.
    5) John 3:16-17 God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. He sent His Son into the world not to condemn the world but that the world might be saved through Him.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I agree with what Bonn said other than number 3. I don't see any evidence in the Bible that Jesus' coming will be in two phases. Too much evidence to the contrary. To answer your question, God is going to destroy sin. If we have sin in us, we will be destroyed with it. The destruction is really not meant for humans, but for Satan and his angels. (Ezekiel 28:18; Matthew 25:41)
    The Bible says that sin will be destroyed and it will not rise up a second time. ( Nahum 1:9; Matthew 13:41-43; Revelation 21:3, 4; Revelation 20:7-9)

God loves us all, but He can not tolerate sin. Sin is a very serious thing to God, so much so that it required a blood sacrifice. In the end it required a PERFECT blood sacrifice. We are under the rule of the first death ( because of Adam) ; Jesus came to save us from the second death. (Romans 5:11-21; Revelation 20:14; Romans 6:23)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• We must accept Christ's free gift if we are to be saved from the result of sin. ( The second death.) There is no other way that men might be reconciled with God. ( John 14:6)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• OH God doesn't think so little He actually thought BIG and sent His only begotten son to die so that we might be saved a death we all deserved but Jesus stood in for us so we would not have to suffer death but could have life. We are living in the days of Saddam and Gomorrah some will choose LIFE and some will choose death God has left the choice up to us but has made the way through Jesus..God is merciful and just in fact He made it easy when He said choose LIFE.

TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 10:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I'm not talking about people...I'm talking about the rest of his creation.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• This world is cursed by sin. God is going to destroy sin and everything touched by it...including this world.(2 Peter 3:10; ). The Bible calls it God's strange act. (Isaiah 28:21,22) Satan is the ruler of this tainted creation; God is going to re-create it perfect with none of the "former things". No more death, pain, sickness, hatred, no more of sin's curse! (Isaiah 65:17; Isaiah 64:4; Revelation 21:1,3,4, 27; 2 Peter 3:13; Isaiah 33:24; Zechariah 8:5; Isaiah 65:25;Isaiah 35:5, 6; Isaiah 40:31;1 Corinthians 2:9 )

Oh, how I want to go home!

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• GOtta go with my sisters on this one bonn777 and Lexylex
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Not all Christians follow the Rapture theory. The Rapture is a very recent extrapolation, by William Darby in the late 1800's. It is not original doctrine, and has no Scriptural support. A few verses were taken and spun into the Rapture theory.

I can't speak for the Protestant denominations, but the Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic, and Anglican denominations do not ascribe to the Rapture theory. We believe that we will all endure the End Times, whenever that may be, and that many will come to God during those times.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 6:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Redteux, I believe that we will endure the end times as well. Christ's return for His saints is very Scriptural, but it won't be a secret. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Matthew 24:26-27; Acts 1:9-11;Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:30;Luke 21:26, 27; Revelation 6:14; Revelation 16:18-20 )
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I agree with Lex and Bonn....I can't wait until I go home!!!
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 3:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2008