Would YOU let this go or would you confront them?

I'll probably let it go unless I happen to run into them, or something else happens but I'm SO angry with our neighbors. so I live with my parents at the end of a cul de sac and we've lived here all of my life. Well this family that lives basically across the street from us doesn't like me... when they see me they're always glaring and they won't talk to me. And i think its because he's a pastor and I'm 22, not married with twin toddlers so. yeah. they've been weird to us in the past. the year before the census was due the wife came to our house and told my dad she worked for the census and wanted to know how many people lived here.... and i guess she thought we were running a daycare center??? my nephew came over a lot but idk how that constitutes a daycare. so last night they had like 6 teenage boys at their house, playing basketball outside. well around 730 or 8pm someone ding dong ditched our house. i saw a teenage boy running across our driveway. It had to be them because there aren't any other teenage boys on our street. there are younger kids but not teenage boys. I went outside but couldn't find anyone. so I went to bed at like 10, and from 10 until midnight the boys ran up and down the street screaming their heads off and playing basketball. i dont care that it was a friday night, its common courtesy to not scream your head off in a neighborhood at midnight. am i right?? I dont like confrontation so I'm not going to go over there just to complain about last night. but if i happened to run into them and/or had another reason they pissed me off, i might say something. what would YOU do

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:08 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I would say something.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:13 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I would try to keep to myself as much as posssible. i have delt with neighbor problems a few times in the past places i have lived. and i noticed that confrounting them only made things worse until i had to move out of the neighborhood. so i would just leave it alone for now, but if the kids do that again i would just mention it to the people but not make much of it. peace is so much easier than confrountation beleive me. i know it is so hard
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 11:13 AM on May. 14, 2011

• i would let it go this time, but if it happens again I'd probably call the cops...you going over there with them not liking you will just cause more problems, and I'm sure that you probably have a noise ordinance in your area. Good Luck hon, I know situations like this can be frustrating.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:13 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Id let it go since you didnt do anything last night, but next time I would just call the police.

Answer by gemgem at 11:14 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Regardless my relationship w/ the neighbors, there's generally a noise statute for the city. If it was after hours, I'd called the neighbors, politely asked for quiet, if no immediate action, called the cops.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:14 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Honestly it isn't worth it. I'd let it go. You're above them and I wouldn't even waste my time with them.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 11:14 AM on May. 14, 2011

• If you were able to catch who keeps ringing the doorbell or who is making noise at night, I would tell them it's not nice and ask them to stop. If there's teenagers, you may want to bring a cell phone with you if they are the delinquent type. If they continue even after you asked them to stop, then call the police and report a public disturbance/noise ordinance.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:20 AM on May. 14, 2011

• A one-time event is not worth confronting them about. If it starts happening every week, I'd call the police.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't say anything because it was the first time. If it becomes a weekly thing then maybe I would talk to them about it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:25 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Go to your parent and tell them how you feel. Let them deal with it. Sence it is their house and their neighbors.

Answer by louise2 at 11:25 AM on May. 14, 2011