If youre potty training a toddler and you have to go out in public...

what do you do?? diaper or underwear? and how do you have them use public toilets when theyre so dirty :c

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:21 AM on May. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always put them in a diaper and told them not to pee. When kids are ready to be potty trained, it won't matter what they are wearing, they won't pee their pants.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:23 AM on May. 14, 2011

• Well i would take their collapsable potty seat and lysol disenfecting wipes. Usually still i line toilet with something after i disenfect then put potty seat down. Sometimes still i help them hover! lol i always try to stay consistent with underwear though.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:24 AM on May. 14, 2011

• I have let them use underwear but it has always turned out me having to get the car detailed and my youngest pooping in the childrens play area at the mall and another kid falling in it omg i was embarissed, lol so i wouldn't recomend that, lol. i would use a diaper or pullup if they are in the beginning stages of potty training and don't worry so much about toilet seats unless it has pee or something on it cause it is almost impossible to catch a toilet seat disease
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 11:26 AM on May. 14, 2011

• i put a diaper on my son an he just tells us when its time to go.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:48 AM on May. 14, 2011

• if they were still haveing lots of accidents what I did was have then use the potty right before leaving the house. And then I would put them in a diaper (never used pullups) until they got better at going in public. If they did tell me they needed to potty I would take them and put toilet paper on the seat.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:08 PM on May. 14, 2011

• oh then I came put them back in undies and have them go potty as soon as we got home. I potty trained in the winter so if they got cold in the car or whatever they would have an accidnet
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:10 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Pull ups, lysol and a collapsible potty seat. I also hold my DD's hands so that she doesn't have to hold the sides of the toilet to balance herself. For short trips, I'll let her wear underwear.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:37 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I use those Goodnights disposable underwear when at a mall or something because u never know when they'll need to go again and how fast u can get there to the bathroom. But generally i have them go before we leave for anywhere and about twenty minutes after eating/drinking when we're out or at home.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• When training I would use undies unless we were driving far...when they can tell you they have to go pee.....if we have to sit on a public toilet I cover the whole seat & front toilet with toilet paper & off & On quick & wash hands well! hate public bathrooms.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:28 PM on May. 14, 2011

• With my son we used pull ups at first when we went out (the kinds with velcro sides so that I didn't have to undress him...just put on the pull up and slip the undies over top and take it off when we got home) When he was dry on a regular basis then we just did undies. For public bathrooms... I don't make a big fuss, they all have soap and water so I just make sure to wash his hands real well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:38 PM on May. 14, 2011