Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Am I wrong?

So my friend and his gf left their infant daughter with a friend, and when the baby got hungry the friends friend shook the car seat violently. I think it was very wrong what the friend did. But now my friend wants to go beat up the girl (he is a guy). I told him if he lays his hand on a women no matter what the circumstance then he is a loser. I mean I can see why he is angry but violence does not solve the issue. There are other ways to go about things without having violence.

I told him I don't want to be friends with him if he is going to be a women beater. Those are just not the people I want in my life. Also this is way people need to watch out who they leave their kids with. Am I wrong to think he shouldn't go beat up a girl?

Answer Question

Asked by jerseyshorefan at 12:06 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 4 (52 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • You aren't wrong. He would end up in jail with a record if he beats up anyone.

    Answer by meooma at 12:17 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • 2 wrongs don't make a right. simple as that. he needs to be an example of the behavior he wants from her. good for you for not supporting his choices

    Answer by hellokittykat at 12:21 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • Of course he shouldn't go beat up the girl, as that wouldn't solve anything. If he feels the need to do soemthing, he could have the woman charged with abuse and he should definately reconsider the friendship. He should also take his child to be checked by a doctor to make sure no damage was done.

    Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:21 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • No you aren't wrong. My mother always taught my brothers that you should never hit a woman or anyone if it can be avoided. The fact is you have to be exremely careful these days with whom you leave your children. And regretably they left their child with an irresponsible person. Now the parents could go the legal route and contact the police if they haven't already. Shaking as you know is consider child abuse and could potentially lead to some serious sometimes deadly injuries.

    Answer by FairahsMommy at 12:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • You aren't wrong. He just needs to not leave his kid with that woman, and cut her out of his life if she's going to influence his emotions in such a negative way. There are other people who can babysit, ones that will feed a child and not shake it viciously.

    Answer by M.Galvan at 2:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • he needs to leave his kid with someone he can 100% trust!!!!

    Answer by alliep2011 at 2:44 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • They need to call the police and have the women arrested.

    Answer by JLS2388 at 3:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • I am an nurse having oversite of all child abuse cases in our hospital. Given that the baby "was shaken violently," this was in fact child abuse. Anyone heard of shaken baby syndrome. This person should have reported it to the police.

    Answer by partera813 at 11:00 AM on May. 16, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.