Stubburn cradle cap

my son is almost 4 and he still gets cradle cap and we bath him and wash his hair everyday. could it have anything to do with his shampoo or bath wash. we use the johnsons shampoo for curly hair and night time wash. just wondering what could be causing this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Use a fine comb while the hair is still wet and it will flake off a little at a time. cradle cap is normal.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:22 PM on May. 14, 2011

• use baby oil to try and break it up and comb it out. but idk abt a certain wash causing it
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 12:36 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't use johnsons. However, you can apply some vegetable or olive oil lightly to the scalp before a bath. Wash his head last so it can stay on for a little. Use a comb to and it should flake off. Wash his head thoroughly. Applying lotion lightly on his head may help as well. Preferably unscented stuff.
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 12:37 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Try T Gel to wash his hair. I did with my 5 month old and it is completely gone! Just make sure not to get it into his eyes! Olive oil is good too!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:49 PM on May. 14, 2011

• my 4yr old gets it still too, i just pick it off during baths and thats about it
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 1:11 PM on May. 14, 2011

• when my ds got it, the pedi told us to use head and sholders or something for dandruf because thats pretty much what it is. its also safe to use it if it gets on his skin, just try not to get it in his eyes!!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:30 PM on May. 14, 2011

• walmart has a product it works great its in a light teal bottle and says its for cradle cap ... I love it
    mommyerica_7911

Answer by mommyerica_7911 at 4:23 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My hairdresser told me not to use Johnson and Johnson for hair. It's oil based and it sucks the moisture out of their heads. My 18 mo old and my 3 y/o had really bad cradle cap. I switched to a kid-safe shampoo and separate conditioner, and it works really well. check your local kiddie cuts or w/e you have... see what they suggest.

If the hair is curly, don't wash it every day either. Curly heads (my 5 y/o has super curly hair!) can't handle that kind of washing. Condition it every day, and wash it every other day if it's still baby fine... if it's thicker or REALLY tight curls, every 3-4 days wash...
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 9:31 PM on May. 14, 2011

• we do that i was just wondering if it was normal for kids his age to still get it or if it had to do with his shampoo or something
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 PM on May. 14, 2011