I was wondering how long it took before you start lactating when you get pregnant? And if it was possible to start after only up to a few weeks, possibley a month or so?

My period has always been regular, and I didn't have one at all throughout my first pregnancy, however I just had mine about 3 weeks ago and tonight I noticed that I am lactating. I have no other symptoms of pregnancy however I am due in about a week for my period. I don't want to wait that long to know? Has anyone else started lactating this early? I didn't with my first pregnancy, but I don't remember when I did start.

fairydust27

Asked by fairydust27 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No I don't recall that early. I would think that is a hormone problem. I am pregnant again right now with my third and am not lactating yet ( I am 10 weeks). I am a heavy milk producer too...LOL.

Sorry I can't help more. I would wait and see if you period comes and if it does then go in for some labs to see what is going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I never lactated when I was pg or after labor. I just couldnt produce anything, but when I was on clomid (hormones to make me ovulate) I lactated It could be a hormone problem, but then again it could be pg. But if you are only 3 weeks into your cycle it would be to soon to test. Implantation normally occurs 5-7 days after ovulation. so you may have not have even implanted yet, inless you are pg from last cycle. I would test then again after af is due.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Oh, I would also call dr just to make sure everything is ok.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2008