How can i get my 2 year old potty trained

he will only use the potty when we do but any other time he potties in his diaper and then tell us ! what can we do

alliep2011

Asked by alliep2011 at 1:16 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The only way to train him is to take the diapers away completely. Put him in underwear. Is he almost 3? He might be too young.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:30 PM on May. 14, 2011

• he will be 3 in 4 months ! and everytime i put underwear on him he pees in them , do i spank him for it or what ?
    alliep2011

Comment by alliep2011 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Do not spank him! Keep it positive only. Wait until he turns 3. Then stay home for 3 days. Put him in underwear. Be very positive. Take him every 1/2 hour the first day. Every hour the second day. By day 3 he will be trained. You can also give a few m&ms when he goes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:40 PM on May. 14, 2011

• thanks girl im for sure going to do it cause diapers are getting expensive lol
    alliep2011

Comment by alliep2011 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on May. 14, 2011

• to mompam, my son will be potty training soon too. He would still wear a diaper at night, right?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 2:17 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I kept mine in a diaper at night. I waited for them to wake up dry for a week before I took them away. That can take longer.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:52 PM on May. 14, 2011

• You have to take the diaper away during the day. I suggest you take him to the bathroom about 15-20 min after he drinks something. Sometimes it helps to run the water a little bit because it encourages them to go. Do this until he gets the hang of it. I still use the Goodnight pj disposable underwear at night just in case but I take my daughter first thing in the morning to the bathroom.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 11:25 PM on May. 29, 2011