how do you get candle wax out of carpet

ihaveaquestion

Asked by ihaveaquestion at 12:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Get a thick paper towel like Bounty, place over the wax spill and put a WARM iron over it as the towel soaks up the wax. You may have to do this a few times.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My grandmother told me to rub an ice cube over it and then when it hardens scrape it up, but i personally like the iron idea, thats seems better!!
    Good luck.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I've heard both solutions, and I've dumped more than my share of candles on the floor..... I recommend doing number two first: get what you can when it's cooled and you can remove the hard pieces, then afterwards, do the warm iron with paper towels to get the rest. But do it soon especially if the candle or wax is colored on a light colored carpet. The dye in the way with adhere to the carpet fibers really quickly.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 4:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• IDK HOW DO YOU GET CRAYON THAT WAS MELTED OUT OF THE CARPET??? ITS ALL OVER MY LIVINGROOM (THANKS TO MY BOYS)
    lovingmomof7

Answer by lovingmomof7 at 4:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2008