How long does hair color last if you get it done in a salon?

I've only done home coloring and even then I've dyed my hair the same color as my natural color (tried to dull my hair a bit)...but I'm debating about getting my hair colored by a professional and would like to know how long it lasts? Is it just as simple as when your roots start to show or only after a certain amount of washes?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 1:58 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• any permanent color will grow out..whether its a home box-color or a professional salon product done in a salon by a licensed professional.
    a semi-permanent will fade/wash out, with minimal roots or none at all, depending on the porosity of the hair..again, whether its a kitchen-job or salon-job.

its the product and the condition of the hair that determines how long a color will last..not who does it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It will depend on the color line they use, and the color you pick. Also, how you take care of it, if you wash it everyday in hot water, of course it will fade quickly. Regardless, you should be happier with a salon color than a home job.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:33 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Six to eight weeks on average.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:49 PM on May. 16, 2011