Would you date your boss? even if he wasn't your boss anymore??

my boss and i have flirted for the last few months. there's just some chemistry there, but since we worked together, neither of us acted on it. i thought about it a few times when we found ourselves alone, but never had the balls to say anything. we are both single, even though i'm pregnant, he never cared about that, just wanted to make sure i was alright the whole time. when i gave my two weeks notice, i thought he was going to cry, lol. he told me he wished i wasn't leaving and that i better stay in touch, and that he'd give a great reference in the future if i needed one.
well when i turned in stuff, he told me he'd like to take me to dinner, so we went. he spilled his guts about how he felt about me, and was so so torn when i gave my two weeks, cause while he's loosing me, he felt like he could say something finally. and then he kissed me.
we spent like every free moment together for a week, but then i moved home, 4 hours away. we talk every day and he wants me to go visit him asap, and he's going to come visit when i have the baby here. :)
anyway, what would you do?

dayziesnrozes

Asked by dayziesnrozes at 2:07 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I would go ahead and do it. If you don't you'll always wonder "What would have happened?"
    Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved to begin with - I firmly believe in it. I have never had a regret about loving, even just platonically, someone. If he's going to accept you, your baby, and is good with that, then go for it, seriously, before you have the chance to talk yourself out of it.
    M.Galvan

Answer by M.Galvan at 2:15 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I've done it before, so yes. And my parents met when my dad was he was her boss and they've been together for almost 32 years. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:10 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I wasnt pg... but I ended up married to someone I worked with... a superior. We went out once or twice while working together and knew it was something special so I gave notice and we started dating. We were engaged 6 mo. later and married now for 18 years.

I think if he is ok with the pg then go for it.
    Anonymous

• I'd take it one day at a time.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• go for it!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 2:54 PM on May. 14, 2011

• If you don't act on it now, you will always wonder....There isn't too many guys out there that would be involved w/a pg woman. He sounds like he is a very good catch....GO FOR IT!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 2:56 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My husband wasn't my boss boss, but he was higher up in the company I worked for. If you can work well with a person, it is my belief that you can have an amazing relationship with that person. When I first met my husband, we waited about a month to do anything with eachother, we'd see eachother at work and chat and flirt, but we never went out or anything like that. Then he asked if I wanted to go see a movie with him when we passed by eachother picking up our checks at work, and I of course accepted. We went on our date and he spilled his guts out, and told me how he felt.

Then later his cousin, who hes really close with told me that when my husband first met me, he texted his cousin to say...dude I think I'm in love with this girl.

I think work relationships are a hit and miss, you should never date someone you don't work well with, but the ones you do work well wih, go for it. He sounds like a good guy
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 8:56 PM on May. 14, 2011