• In the Spotlight:

BOTOX ANYONE?

HAS ANYONE DONE BOTOX ON THERE FACE?
IM 29YRS OLD AND IM THINKING ABOUT GET IT AROUND MY MOUTH(FROWN LINES) I LIKE TO CALL IT MY CAT LINES LOL
ANYWAY
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST AND DOES IT HURT?

parkslope

Asked by parkslope at 12:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Beauty & Style

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • do you really think injecting yourself with botulism is a good idea???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Do Juvederm Ultra instead. It is FDA approved. It lasts up to 1 year and doesn't make your face look like a mannequin. I think they start around $700 and up. Botox will only last you a few months...
    Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 3:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would be careful starting it unless you want to keep it up for life. It messes with your skin's elasticity and you can come out looking worse when it wears off than you started. If you plan to keep it up, then by all means...and I think the price is really coming down.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had botox but for medical reasons, not for appearance. But I can tell you it's expensive. For 3 shots, for medical purposes that insurance did not pay for, it was $1000. Expect to pay that much. Not to mention that it only lasts 3 to 6 months. Basically you are paralyzing your muscles. They may be frown lines, but what about your smile? This may prevent you from being able to. You definitely do not want that.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think botox is sort of scary! Check out Rodan+Fields Dermatologists, Anti Age line! It's safe, affordable, and will change your skin--guaranteed to work or your money back!!! It's incredible!! I'd love to give you more info. if you're interested. You can check it out at: http://jamieg.myrandf.com/
    jrgorby19

Answer by jrgorby19 at 7:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2008