Wouldn't you be upset?

Since my mother in law found out I was pregnant she was upset. Instead of congratulating me or her son, she told me that it was to soon. Ever since then she never asks how Im doing or how the baby is. On easter her and my sister in law said they would set up a baby shower for me and NEVER did it. She always complains about her son and takes things from his past(when he was 13-17) and how awful he was. She never talks about anything positive when it comes to my family. Is it wrong to be upset? She dosent do this to any of her other children. My husband is a great man and we live a healthy Christian life. Wouldnt it upset you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Just ignore them, and if they are always negative, keep the baby away till they can talk like adults.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:06 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Is it her first grandkid?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:06 PM on May. 14, 2011

• No it will be here third. Her daughter had one at 18. Im 24
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:06 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Yes, I sure would, and you don't need that negativity in your life.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:11 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I would ignore her.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:11 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Bump 4 u...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:12 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I'd do what we did, severe ties. Your child doesn't need that type of person in his/her life.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:13 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Wow, I wonder if your MIL is a clone of mine or something. Yes, I would be upset and I would just stop going around her, no reason to put yourself through that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:30 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i know how you feel,my mil is the same way..when i got pregnant with my 2nd dd she was upset at me mostly for tying her son down with other kid even tho were married got our own place and take care of ourselves,she acted like we wouldent be able to care for onther baby,it upset me alot,but now i really dont care..shes going to be real surprised when she finds out about baby number 3 lol..
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 3:42 PM on May. 14, 2011

• maybe she's ashamed of how her own daughter acted and that makes her feel like she can't be happy for you? so sorry :(
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 5:21 PM on May. 14, 2011