How can i get my husband to bond wih our 2 month old daughter

he is a damn good father just dosent hold her that often

alliep2011

Asked by alliep2011 at 3:07 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• My SO took some time to warm up to the whole daddy idea as well. Honestly time is what it took. As she became older a little easier to deal with he began become more at ease with her. I think he was just so afraid that he would do something wrong & that fear took a long while to get over. In our case as well we spent two weeks in the hosp with her so I am sure the fear he had before she was born wasnt helped by this little detour to happily ever after. It was frustrating to me & there were many arguments bc I simply didnt understand since I automatically took to her & did everything needed & responded to her cries but I dont know he just didnt so much or as quickly as I had so for us it was just time & a lot of patience on my part that I didnt do/show well like I said lots of arguments & frustration. Talk with him find out why he is like this maybe he is afraid too, good luck.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:15 PM on May. 14, 2011

• well he does it around his family but not with me or my family its like he wants them to think he is a god dad even though he is
    alliep2011

Comment by alliep2011 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on May. 14, 2011

• go out and leve daddy with baby lol sometimes dad's feel pushed out like mum can do it better so why try . sometimes letting them have there time to learn and bond can help them
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 3:47 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i have noticed the older she gets the better he is with her and im trying to step back a little and give him his time with her and when he needs me i will be their
    alliep2011

Comment by alliep2011 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on May. 14, 2011