How can i show my son attention after having a new baby

alliep2011

Asked by alliep2011 at 3:09 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what i do is when the baby is asleep spend one on one time w the older children. it doesn't work that well though cause i am usually too tired to really put my mind into it.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:11 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Just keep trying with any extra time ya have I try to include him when dealing with the baby : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:13 PM on May. 14, 2011

• thats how i am but i wanna show him that i love him too
    alliep2011

Comment by alliep2011 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Make sure he has one on one time with you and your SO. Make him your big helper for tons of little things and prasie, praise, praise. Some of the best advice I ever got was to make it all about the oldest when bringing home a new baby. Tell him you will go to the playground, out for ice cream, etc because he is a big boy and babies can not do those things. It heped so much when we brought home our second baby. GL and best wishes to all of you!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:14 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Read him a story while the baby naps. Let him be your "helper". Talk to him while you are feeding the little one. It doesn't have to big things just so long as he doesn't feel like he's being ignored.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:26 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Let them help change the diaper or throw the diaper away just make them feel included...
    mommyerica_7911

Answer by mommyerica_7911 at 4:22 PM on May. 14, 2011

• We go on little outings with each one seperately. Not much...maybe to the park or out for icecream. I don't get to do it as much as I'd like to but I have 3 boys.
    liv4myboys

Answer by liv4myboys at 5:21 PM on May. 14, 2011