How could she have a problem with this lunch???

I am so annoyed. My friend stopped by with her dd today, just as I was giving my kids lunch. She gave me this look and said 'Thats all your making them for lunch?' I said yah!! Mind you I shouldnt be surprised, her dd is pretty chunky, and well, she gives her lots of crap. Anyhow, this is what I made my kids (ages 5 and 8)
-Ham and cheese sandwich, on whole wheat bread
-4 big slices of watermelon
-Handfull of carrot sticks
-Big glass of water

They had just came in from playing, ate it all and were back out the door playing again! If they were still hungry they would have said something and would have gotten more, but they didnt.

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 3:23 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that sounds like a fine lunch, more than I normally eat during the day.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

• seems like a normal lunch to me.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Seems like a good healthy lunch to me!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:27 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That sounds like a prefect lunch to me. Like you said if they were still hungry they could have asked for more. There are many times in the summer that my kids will grab a PBJ and a fruit and eat it outside so they don't have to stop playing : )
    MamaLori

Answer by MamaLori at 3:31 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That lunch is fine.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:48 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i would have, in fact, left out the watermelon or maybe given just one slice, but would rather give a fruit snack about an hour or two later. don't let fat people make you question your food choices.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 3:58 PM on May. 14, 2011

• You should have said to her "why? do you have a cheese burger, fries & a coke in your back pocket?" Then laugh & walk away. She sounds like an A-Hole!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:05 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That lunch is fine of course, but you know that. Is your real question why doesn't your friend know that ha-ha?
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 4:10 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That lunch is perfect.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:13 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That's more than my kids normally eat for lunch. My 8yo and 5yo just came in to have lunch. They each had a peanut butter sandwich (we're out of jelly) on whole grain white bread with a side of left over spaghetti (which has all sorts of fresh veggies and hamburger mixed in it). With a glass of water. They were back out the door in 20 minutes to play. That's pretty typical. Actually normally they would have just had the sandwich. We don't have any snacks in the house right now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:29 PM on May. 14, 2011