After a C section belly

I had a csection more than 5 years ago and never lost the belly. I am small framed and it looks like I am pregnant. I never thought about losing it cause my husband said it was nothing wrong with it and thought it was cute. But lately people are asking if I am expecting, so I am looking for ideas on how to lose it....

Ideas from exercises that have worked for others as well as any diet plans. (I know some of it comes from a poor diet and I need to change my eating habits)

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• a body cleanser to remove all the yuck in your body and stuff stuck to your walls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ummm thats not really necessary. There are studies being performed that the total body cleansers are not necessarily good for your body. If you are concerned about this, then I would suggest some Flax Seeds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• what does flax seeds do? were do you buy it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Flax seeds are pretty much available at any grocery store now. If you have trouble try GNC or a health food store they will definitely have them. Flax seeds are full of fiber which help flush your system, they can help an estrogen imbalance because they help clean your liver and they have a ton of omega-3.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had the same belly problem this summer after my third c-section. I was thinking about doing a cleanse then I read that if you are fairly regular (not to gross anyone out), drinking a 16 oz glass of water first thing in the morning will flush out your intestinal tract. I've been doing it for 3 weeks and lost 11 lbs w/out changing my diet (and I had to stop playing tennis two months ago when I went back to work). My gut has DEFINITELY shrunk!
    The reason I think this is actually working is that (again, not to gross anyone out) the stuff coming out in the morning.. well, you can tell its been there a LOOONNNG time!
    ps- don't sip the water, try to drink it w/in 2 minutes of starting. by day 2 or 3 the fun starts!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 4:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• don't go crazy on the flax seed etiher... too much can be damaging but it is really good (I eat hot cereal with it in it)... the key is a balanced diet and exercise. Try working the lower abdomen with leg lifts etc. I am 3 months post c-section and am already frustrated with the belly.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• How about just eating a healthy, well-balanced diet that you can live with? (Such as Weight Watchers) and doing some exercises? There really is no need to constantly be flushing out your system. The body does that itself when you go to the bathroom.
    I lost 80 pounds in 11 months, and a flax seed & natural flush system never once touched my lips.

You might also want to check out these two websites:
    www.weightwatchers.com &
    www.jazzercise.com

Best of luck!!!
    Anonymous

• I should also add that I have had 2 C-sections.
    Anonymous