19 weeks pregnant and not hungry

I do not want to eat anything. I don't feel hungry at all. I eat every now and then, usually once a day, but I feel like my baby isn't getting enough. Is this normal or is there something wrong? I only gained 1 pound last month.

LiviandEmmysMom

Asked by LiviandEmmysMom at 3:33 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i'm like that , baby will take what it needed from you i lose weight when pregnant and my boys both have been good sizes . don't stress your size out but be worned you may end up feeling rubbish is you dehydrate or your sugar leaves hit rock bottom , also you may end up anemic

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 3:37 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I was like that too, i was sick on and off throught my pregnancy, so i went through stages were i wasnt hungry. (im also anemic & ive had problems with being dehydrated )
    Just try to eat, whatever it is, crackers may help. A really cold glass of water helps me.
    Good luck!
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 3:44 PM on May. 14, 2011

• That happened to me. I made myself graze - small amounts every hour and I literally had to look at the clock and write everything down or I forgot to eat. My daughter was smaller but she wasn't unhealthy when she was born. I reached my pre-pregnancy weight almost immediately as well. As much as there probably isn't anything to be concerned about, if you haven't had a recent ultrasound, get one done soon. I didn't know but had placental insufficiency which could have been very serious. Luckily, everything was fine. One thing you may need to contend with as well (at least I do with mine) is a child who is a low-volume eater.

Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:52 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Just eat a little bit when you can all day. Try to find something that you enjoy. With my first, I ate mashed potatoes for like a month!
    lajoy

Answer by lajoy at 4:14 PM on May. 14, 2011