Upset........

I wasn't working for about a year, my husband took good care of me. While i wasnt working i made sure the house was always clean and dinner ready by the time he was home from work. he recently loss his job, and now i'm working 12 hours a day m-f 7am-7pm. i also found out we're pregnant ( 5 weeks) i am exausted when i get off work gotta drive home which takes me 45 mns each way.when i get home i have to get dinner ready, what pisses me off is that i would come home to a dirty house there's dishes in the sink the house is not swept. I know im early in the pregnancy but my breast hurt like hell, today im so mad i can cry. i woke up went to the supermarket came home clean the fridge try to prep something for dinner tonite clean the house and later on i have to prep something for tomorrow's dinner i usually cook b4 i go to church i am so mad i started crying cause my husband is not doing a danm thing but sitting down reading. he got me thinking is that how the rest of my life gonna be? what irks me more is that i have to bend over my stomach to clean our tub and our tub is high,if i dont clean it he wont so someone out there please help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• And when you sit down with him and calmly talk about what needs to be done around the house, what is his response?
    Anonymous

• You need to tell him you are pregnant and he needs to help. Sorry momma (((((HUGS)))) the time for polite talk is over.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:51 PM on May. 14, 2011

• id be livid. Talk to him because he either isn't thinking or he doesn't give a shit. Maybe he just isn't thinking.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:51 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Since yesterday i told him you have to help me around the house ( especially saturdays) he said ok so i don't know what the heck happens today.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Ok... so you spoke to him yesterday, he said ok... and today is he helping out?

And to pinkdragon.. if she never told him before WHY would the "polite talk" be over... is he a born mind reader???? Do you automatically get rude to people who can not read your mind and do exactly what you think they should do having never told them???
    Anonymous

• Give him a list of what you expect him to do while you are at work. Let him know that he has to do more than his share now because you are pregnant and can't do as much as you used to.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:06 PM on May. 14, 2011

• You need to sit down and talk to him about what your expectations are.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:09 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Well, if he won't do the housework then hire a maid and he complains tell him, well, you woudn't do it and of course I can't because I am working to provide for the family - anyways, if you don't want to go that route, then talk to him and tell him that you did xyz when he was working and marriage is 50/50 and you hope that he respects what you are doing for the family just like you did while he was working and ask him if he appreciated coming home to a clean house and food on the table? Otherwise, you are going to have resentment and that's not good for you and the baby.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:36 PM on May. 14, 2011

• he does not work so he gets a free pass to do nothing but take a vacation.nice he gets to read but gosh lee at least help out with cooking,cleaning,and running errands.plus you are pregnant I feel so bad you have to work and then come home and work.you have two jobs which is so unfair.time to express how you feel in a nice way dont overwork yourself.
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 4:50 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i dont know what to say...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:06 PM on May. 14, 2011