Kind of embarassing but....my vagina itches BAD around my clit area...

I am 12 weeks pregnant. I do not have any STDs. I know that for a fact.

Aside from the fact that DH and I have never been with anyone else I have been checked twice since becoming pregnant. Once at my first appointment as routine work up labs and once recently because a doctor who does not normally see me insisted.

Anyways....it does not itch around the vaginal opening at all, no discharge, no rash, nothing....

It is just REALLY itchy around the clit

ANY IDEAS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• get some monistat
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:24 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I am allergic to Monistat. Last time I had a yeast infection which was during my last pregnancy my doctor had to call something in for me because I had a BAD BAD reaction to Monistat.

I thought about a yeast infection but I do not have any discharge or rash. Hmmmm....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:26 PM on May. 14, 2011

• you might still have a yeast infection, which are very common in pregnancy...i'd try some hydrocortizone, and if that doesnt really help then i'd go see the doctor
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 4:27 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Thanks!! It just started happening yesterday so I wanted to wait until Monday but I may go ahead and give them a call.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:29 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Sounds like maybe hormones, have you changed laundry or body soaps? It could be a yeast infection too.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:29 PM on May. 14, 2011

• No...same laundry soap but I did recently switch soaps.

It is the same brand...just a different kind. I have the moisture one now instead of the regular. Maybe that did it....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Yogurt on the itchy areas will provide relief. And clarify for you if it is really a yeast infection or not. And yes, it is safe for baby.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:39 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Cool....thanks!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:43 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Pregnancy can bring on allergies you never had before, so that same detergent or soap could still cause a reaction. If it was that, you would think it would be all over though. Could you have possibly not rinsed the soap off well enough? I would think if it got under your "hood", you would probably itch like that. Possibly an early UTI? Maybe you're just a little swollen down there with the increased blood flow and you're rubbing your clothes differently? Could be anything really, and my first suspicion wouldn't be an STD or anything like that.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Do you have a rash? I used to get "jock itch when i was pregnant because of my body being warmer while pregnant.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:28 PM on May. 14, 2011