For those of you who check your own cervix...

Can you tell me what to look for in late pregnancy?

Not effaced and closed is supposed to feel like the tip of a nose right?

My LP says it is a lot flatter than it was, but still kind of hard and closed. Does that mean I am effacing?

And I would love any info you could share about cervical position and how it will progress from here. This is our third baby, and we have never done this before.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:55 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It can be very empowering but also very difficult when you are 9 months pregnant. There are charts on line for determining how dilated you are.

BUT it is REALLY not necessary. It will not tell you anything in the way of when you will go into labor. You can de dilated to a 4 and go to 42 weeks.
    Anonymous

• A bit off topic, but I admire your flexibility if you are able to check yourself! I could hardly wipe myself around my belly!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:48 PM on May. 15, 2011

• LOL that is what I kind of think! I have to have my partner do it for me...there is no way I could do it myself at this point. At least not comfortably!!! I know a lot of people mostly do it to track where they are in their cycles when TTC, so not yet as "round" lol
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 10:03 PM on May. 15, 2011