How can I get my 10 month old to take a binky?

He's never taken one before, but I want to introduce one so that he can have something to suck on at night so I can finally sleep. Got any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A binky won't help you sleep. You don't want to introduce one at this point in time.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

• BAD IDEA.... at this age he wont take it.. But if he does he will get so use to it and when it falls out at night he will cry for it. also he might not want to get rid of it when u think its time
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:58 PM on May. 14, 2011

• dont give it to him that's the time your suppose to take it away cause they are starting to grow there teeth
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 4:59 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Some babies just don't like them. My two did not. He will eventually sleep longer and longer on his own
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 5:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• IMHO, if he hasn't had one by now, I wouldn't even bother introducing one. One of the many things we have to put up with as mothers.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• give him a stuffed animal to hold, he should be sleeping by now, but if hes that old you dont wana give him one, itll be a pain staking habit to break.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 5:01 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My first two boys didn't take one. I was so glad. My 3rd boy was given one in the NICU and is one now and still wont give it up. Be thankful he doesn't want it...less dental problems and headaches trying to get rid of it.
    liv4myboys

Answer by liv4myboys at 5:04 PM on May. 14, 2011

• If you introduce it now you will soon be asking us how do I get my child to stop taking a binky?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:41 PM on May. 14, 2011

• If he hasn't taken one by now, it is highly likely that he won't take it.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:56 PM on May. 14, 2011

• NO!!! At ten months, he is at the age to take away the pacifier.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on May. 14, 2011