High School and pregnancy?

I'm 16 And I'm a Sophomore in High school. It's really hard balancing school with everything else and I'm always getting that look from people that says "You not good enough" And I'm now the schools social outcast, yet nobody seems to care about my boyfriend being the dad.

Has anybody else been in this situation? How did you deal with it?

hannahlovesseth

Asked by hannahlovesseth at 4:58 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes schools have at home programs for pregnant teens have u talked to anyone about that? Prove them wrong do what you have to. Your in school for YOU and now that BABY.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Just keep on hanging on. It is hard, but it does get better. Once you are done with high school most people forget the year your child was acutally born and all of the petty high school stuff really isn't important. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Or other schools around where you are that are ment for pregnant teens. Talk to your counselor

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:01 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I am a senior in high school and I am 34 weeks pregnant. I have been getting tutored outside of school since january because because in my school were saying they were going to trip me in the hallway so that I fall on my stomach..
    People can be harsh and sometimes its better not to be in school and around them, but that doesnt mean dont get an education. If its possible, look into tutoring. Im still graduating and you should too. Goodluck Darling.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 5:22 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i felt like i got more attention being pregnant, but i was a senior.
    a lot of the girls i knew that got knocked up thier sophomore years stopped at the semester and then went to the school's (what we call) pheonix. it's where mostly the kids that got in trouble too much go, but most of the pregnant girls and some older kids that had dropped out years ago went. they all enjoyed it and still got diplomas way faster and with less drama.
    just don't think it's going to go anything like in secret life of the american teenager
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 5:28 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I got pregnant when I was a senior and I ended up going to an alternative school in my area. It was very helpful after the baby was born so that I could do classwork at home and be with the baby the whole time! They even let me bring her with me to school. You should talk to your school counselor about options if your not comfortable remaining at your school....My alternative school did have a lot of kids who were kicked out of their regular school but I didnt have any issues and I connected more with other girls there who had gone through the same thing. Our school even had a daycare at it!! Look into your options
    hisbabymama18

Answer by hisbabymama18 at 5:47 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Keep in mind that after your baby, finishing your education is the most important thing in your life.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 PM on May. 14, 2011