Freemason wives

Do you no longer have friends that you used to have because you think you're better then them, better mother, better wife, better Christian. vice versa, women who had friends who husbands joined the Freemasons. Did they become stuck up and holier then though towards you?

Actually I am angry alittle, as I had an ex friend just tell me how much better she is as a mother and I am a hoorable mother, although I'm not the one locking my kid in their room but hey to each their own I guess. Her husband is a Freemason and when talking to my shrink about how I was feeling about her. I was asked if her or her husband we're apart of a any fraternity/sorority and I said no but mentioned the hubby is a Freemason. She said that alot of Freemason become holier then though especially the wives. So I was asking to see if she was being truthful or not. I am so confused as to where her I'm better then you attitude came from because we were sisters then she just stabbed me in the back, it really threw me off so agian an honest questions here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Religious Debate

• What's a freemason?
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:33 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I don't know any Freemason wives..or husbands, But I think you have some issues and you sound angry,as if you have been "dissed" by a friend and now you don't ike ANY Freemasons. True? You accuse them of "thinking they are better". Hmmmm. SOunds like a little kid who has been told she can't sit at their lunchroom table?
    Anonymous

• Are you going through this in your personal life mama? I kind of agree with Anon...you sound angry.....
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:43 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My grandpa was a Freemason. My grandmother was one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever known--very loving and fun to be around, to everyone.  I don't even think that most people knew that my grandfather was a Freemason.  I didn't know until I read it in his obituary.  It wasn't something that was advertised.

Have you had this problem, Anon, that friends of yours have turned their backs on you after their husbands joined?  What is your experience?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 6:11 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My uncle is a Mason - heck, he's a Shriner! - but I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever seen my aunt think that made her in any way better than anyone else. In fact, of all of the FMs I know, I have never had any of the wives seem like it was any part of their identity at all, and really only concerned them as far as scheduling goes, like any other meeting/etc. would. Usually I don't even know someone is a FM until I see their ring or a car sticker.

My husband isn't a freemason. He's involved with a lot, and I don't think any of it makes him "better" than other people - let alone me! - but I am darn tootin' proud of him.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 6:47 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My mom is the only mason-wife I know - she seems to have more friends now than she did before, she's still friends with the same ladies as before but has more now. I haven't noticed an over-all change in her, other than being busy all the time.
    Anonymous

• Actually, yes, my grandpa was a Shriner and very active. But it didn't have any effect on his family and friends and I don't think my Grandma ever became active with the other wives. SHe was kind of Liberated and didn't conform or belong to groups,etc. SHe was unique and not impressed with rituals, belonging and being with the "same kind of people". LOL. I thought she was great! I'm alot like she was. I am a "loner" and not a "joiner" of groups.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• "My grandpa was a Freemason. My grandmother was one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever known--very loving and fun to be around, to everyone. I don't even think that most people knew that my grandfather was a Freemason." <---- yeah me too!!! LOL

My dad and brother are Masons too... my Stepmother & SIL don't even have anything to do with it. You don't have to be Christian to be a mason - my brother isn't. But, I will say the Mason took very good care of us when my Dad died suddenly at 44. They all pitched in and cooked for us for a few weeks, had the after funeral party, checked in to see if we needed to be plowed out, make sure all the "guy" stuff was done around the house. It was amazing. They are a great group of guys, and very humble too.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:12 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I think your shrink is giving you crappy advise, and might even be a little jealous that she hasn't been asked to join. To be a Mason, ask a Mason... they can't ask you to join unless you ask then how... that's their rule. Maybe if she wants to be a part of the Eastern Star (woman's branch of the Masons) she just needs to ask.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:13 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Your friend being a bitch has nothing to do with the Masons, it has to do with her being a bitch. Meanwhile, you need a new shrink.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:33 PM on May. 14, 2011