Anyone else have a child with a completely different personality from your own?

My 4 year old daughter and I have completely different personalities. She has a wild personality and I have more of a timid personality. Often these differences cause tension for both of us. Anyone else have this issue?

jenlyn1735

Asked by jenlyn1735 at 5:14 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Actually, my son and I are pretty well matched I think given that he's an 8 yo male and I'm a 40 yo female. But my mom and I were totally different, and all I can say is that I think if you keep telling her that you love her for who she is, you won't have any problems. Knowing that you are different is good, keep on accepting it, you may have less tension. See her personality as a strength and yours as a strength instead of a weakness in the relationship. Maybe then you can complement each other. Remember too, kids will change a little.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 5:22 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I really don't see how kids can have the same personality as their Mom....all of my kids are different and it is a good thing. ....all my kids are different from each other too and its normal. I would think there is a problem if a kid had the same personality.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:33 PM on May. 14, 2011

• yes me and my 13 yr old son and 14 yr old dd omg we drive each other crazy at times
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 6:27 PM on May. 14, 2011

• yes, she's just like her father and it drives me nuts.. LOL
    I'm organized and get things done quickly and just have to keep moving. She is happy, sitting and watching tv all day.
    She has her fathers temperment and attitude.
    My son and I are like two pea's in a pod..
    Sometimes, I feel bad because it seems like my dd is left out of things, but its usually by her choice.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:50 PM on May. 14, 2011