"Mommy where's your Angela?"

Okay..so while answering another mama's post this morning I realized...I'm a weirdo lol...I name inanimate objects and almost always refer to that object as the name I've given it (I've done this for as long as I can remember)...my bed is Lucille, my snuggie is Annabelle, my computer is Angela...yeah you get the picture lol...so instead of "I'm going to go lay down" I say "Im going to go get in Lucille"lol...or I will tell my husband to "bring me Angela".....even my 4 yr old daughter does it now..."Mommy do you want me to go get your Angela?" so I was thinking....does she know that this is called a computer and not an Angela??? lol...I can't ask her right now because she's spending the weekend with my mom...

So...do you think maybe I should stop doing that and just call things what they are??? The fridge, my computer, ect? lol

Just wondering what you mama's think =)

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 5:20 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• rolling on flooromg... I LOVE THIS.

I see nothing wrong with what you are doing as long as your daughter knows the real names.... I think it is a lovely way to go through life... there is always wonder in magic in this world and it is up to us to keep it alive.  I think I too will start to come up with some names.

Anonymous

• We have a lamp called Ivan so when we got new neighbors and one was named Ivan we now refer to him as lamp so I think we are just as messed up. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:22 PM on May. 14, 2011

• LOL I've only ever heard of people naming their cars. My kids wanted me to name my car, so I did. We also have a dead scorpion named Herman that was part of my son's science project.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:25 PM on May. 14, 2011

• All my stereo's were calle doc so the kids would go do you want me to turn doc on the neighbors would look and scrath their heads.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:26 PM on May. 14, 2011

• scratch lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:31 PM on May. 14, 2011

• No I think you're fine, lol! I've done the same thing but I don't anymore...I don't know why, I just don't haha.

We DO name our cars, though. My silvery Jeep is Pearl, my dh's red and black Jeep is called Chiefy; our tractors are Henry (the big one) and Oswald. The four-wheeler is "Nuge" after Ted Nugent (yeah, my dh's great idea after seeing his reality show) lmbo.
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 5:48 PM on May. 14, 2011

• i name everything too. you're not alone :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 4:18 PM on May. 15, 2011