My digital camera broke- should I take back the older boys' Wii for Christmas so I can take pics of my babys' 1st Christmas?! I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place! The older boys have lots of nice stuff for presents already. Just out of extra spending money now.

I feel bad having to contemplate doing this, but I want pics of my babys' first Christmas. I will ask my grandmother tomorrow if I can borrow her camera. I'm not even sure how good hers is and what make and model.

environmentalpa

Asked by environmentalpa at 12:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awww, that sucks but I wouldn't return the other presents. I would just get a cheap 35mm camera for now or buy one of the disposable ones if your grandmother can't lend you hers.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would just buy a disposable one for now. I mean...it wouldnt be fair to take back their present. I hope your grandmother will let you use hers.
    haileyharmon88

Answer by haileyharmon88 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I definately think that you would regret taking the wii back! Just pick up a disposable camera!
    augustmommy08

Answer by augustmommy08 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I agree with the pp, go get yourself a cheap disposable one and them after christmas you can get a new one. I wouldnt think that is fair to take your childs gift back, its not their fault the camera broke.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You know what REALLY SUCKS? My video camera stopped working 2 months ago as well. WTFreak?!?! I can't win for losing! I'm freakin' out!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 1:07 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• There are some amazing deals for cheap digital cameras out there right now. I got one for my friend that was rated the best buy for cameras under $150 by dpreview.com -- I found it at B&H photo for a hair under $100 and bought a memory card - it was under 125 shipped, plus there is a rebate on the memory card...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545366-REG/Panasonic_DMC_LZ8K_Lumix_DMC_LZ8_Digital_Camera.html

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• How about you buy a disposable camera and call it a day?
    zeebz

Answer by zeebz at 1:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Disposable it is! Or I will borrow my GM's.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 2:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• slinkee hit the nail on the head. DON'T return the other gift...just get a disposable for now!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Check out Kijiji for a used cam...you can test it out, make sure it work's great and get it for waaaaaay less then the stores charge! I get so much stuff on there!! www.kijiji.ca for me and if your American it's .com take care, hope everything work's out for you. OH and if money's too tight for my suggestion, I agree with everyone above you can get a cheap disposable and get some great pic quality too!
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2008