Have you ever used a dry shampoo?

OK, so I'm lazy! I can go about two days without washing my hair, but after I flat iron it, I just don't want to do it again!

I wanted to try a dry shampoo, and I saw that there are some out there now in the drugstore, have y'all tried any? If so, what's your favorite kind?

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 5:41 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I use the dry shampoo by tresemme. it is ok. I use it when I have to run to the store or something simple and don't want to wash and straighten my hair. I use it maybe twice a week, and have had the same bottle ($4.99) for about 2 months. It does work, it doesnt LOOK dirty, but feels dirty to me. But for $5 I am not complaining. :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:55 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I have...I have dreadlocks and when I was first starting them you didnt want to wash them too regular because they would unravel but I hated the idea of not washing my hair, so I used dry shampoo...I'm sorry I don't remember the name but it was made with Tea Tree Oil and I remember being really impressed with it, my hair smelled great and it stayed soft, not greasy or dry...I'll do some research and try to come back with the brand name
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:45 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My stylist recommended a few and I asked her which she used. She laughed and told me she and all of the girls at the salon use baby powder. Works just as well, and is cheap. You might even have some in the house to try (I did).

I brush my hair, put a little powder in my hands on my fingers and work just through the roots where the scalp oil is. I brush again, and I'm good to style or go.

Why fry your hair with more blowouts or irons than you have to? And if the stylist that gets me to pay $35 for shampoo and conditioner tells me baby powder is as good as any of the dry powders then I am going to believer her :-D - why pay more?
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 5:48 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I used the Tresseme brand when I was laid up after my accident.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:35 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I use the Suave brand when I'm sick
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:13 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I've used the Tresseme and Psssst or whatever it's called. I like the Psssst one better. I've tried baby powder and stuff, and IMO it doesn't work as well and I end up with white spots in my hair lol. I guess it could work for a blond, though (well, I AM a blond, but I usually keep it dyed dark).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:08 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I've used Rockaholic dry shampoo and it worked great for me.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• No I wash my hair three times a week because my scalp gets messed up.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:54 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't use it, it doesn't look clean after using it I have no idea how it feels I've only used it on patients.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Haven't tried it, I just shampoo every other day.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:47 PM on May. 16, 2011