Ok so know hes having a hard time going to the bathroom . what can i do to help him out hes only 3 weeks .

zaylensmom

Asked by zaylensmom at 5:45 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bm? No baby should be having issues either way. Take him to get checked out. Make sure you are feeding on demand, and if he is on formula that you are following the instructions. A baby should have between 6-10 ( or even more) dirty (wet/soiled) diapers a day.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:50 PM on May. 14, 2011

• you may want to use a little vasiline on this little area to help the transaction go smoothly
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 5:53 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Ccheck with dr. Our okayed a few drops of prune juice but I don't think I would do that unless doc said ok.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:08 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Is he breast or formula fed? If breastfed, this could be normal, but if you are concerned, then speak to his dr. My DD didn't go at all after the initial poop until she was about 3 1/2 weeks old and thereafter only went once about every 10 days.
    Here are some methods to try:
    1. Massage your baby's tummy. Start at your baby's belly button and work outwards in clockwise circles. Use oil or lotion to let your fingers glide over the skin. I recommend natural oil like Safflower Oil. If the child visibly does not enjoy the massage, then stop.
    2. Move your baby's legs in a cycling motion. Lay your baby on his back and hold your child's legs and gently move them in quick cycling movements. This moves the stomach muscles and also applies pressure on the intestines.
    3. Give your baby a warm bath. This helps him to relax his anal muscles.
    JosHaileyMom

Answer by JosHaileyMom at 6:59 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I also recommend that you do not try to stimulate with a rectal thermometer as this can cause damage in the anal tissues and don't give Karo syrup as it will give him extra sugar he doesn't need.
    JosHaileyMom

Answer by JosHaileyMom at 7:01 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I was having the same issues with my daughter and the doctor recommend breast feeding. She then starting going every other day and the doctor told me 1oz water with 1oz of pear juice to help. But you should speak to your pediatrician first.
    VIMommy

Answer by VIMommy at 7:04 AM on May. 15, 2011

• More information is needed. How is baby fed? What are his symptoms? How long has it been since he's moved his bowels? What was the constancy at that time? Constipation in infants is defined as passing dry, hard, pellet like stools. EBF babies often go long periods between bowel movements, and that's normal. It's possible that you don't need to do anything, depending on the answers to my questions.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:44 PM on May. 15, 2011