Pregnant and putting legs in hot tub. Can you get in one all the way?

I'm going home to visit my family and I'll be staying at my mammaw's house while I'm visiting. She has a hot tub and I have heard that you can put your legs in it when your pregnant, but can you get in it for a short amount of time? I'll be driving 1,500 miles to get there and I'm gonna need it to relax, but only if it's safe. Any opinions?

JenniP0708270

Asked by JenniP0708270 at 5:52 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• DO NOT GET INTO A HOT TUB....I havent heard anything about just your legs but PLEASE do not submerge your stomach in any hot tub...that is SO dangerous for the baby...you might have to find another way to relax...I just wouldnt risk it at all and stay away from it but that's me
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:54 PM on May. 14, 2011

• It is not recommended because hot tubs are hot enough to raise your core temperature which means it has the possibility of raising the amniotic fluid temperature which can harm baby.
    Anonymous

• Oh wanted to add...it is FINE to do your legs but keep baby out of that water!!
    Anonymous

• I stuck my legs in for about 5 minutes and our for 5. Like others have said, the hot water will be bad for your unborn baby.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:56 PM on May. 14, 2011

• just dong go in at all not even you legs. If you wanna relax I am sure you husband or mom can give you a shoulder or foot massage.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Thanks :) I thought so but I wasn't completely sure. Guess no "tummy time". lol Might stick my legs in and just be careful that they don't get too hot. Thanks for the refresher, it's been a while since I've been near one. Maybe I can stick my other kids in there with mammaw and try to take a short nap.
    JenniP0708270

Comment by JenniP0708270 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• no u cant
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 8:17 PM on May. 14, 2011

• As long as the water temperature is NOT above your body temperature, it's fine...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:46 PM on May. 15, 2011