kids and pennys quick question

My 2 year old usaully doesnt put money in her mouth .. Cause she always wants it to go in her piggy bank .. But yesterday she found a penny ,.. I was putting laundry in the dryer and told her to hold on .And we would put in it the piggy bank ..Well got done asked her where the penny was .? and she says in her tummy LOL ..Okay so here is my question how long should i wait to see if it comes out on its own?

tweetyfan

Asked by tweetyfan at 1:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• it will come out on its own.. its not even a matter of how long to wait. if you took her to the dr they would tell you to let it take its course..

my nephew pooped a penny out also....

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It should come out with her next bowel movement; however, if it doesn't and she has two or more bowel movements with no penny and you are sure you didn't miss it, I would call the doc just to make sure it isn't causing a blockage.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• They don't always come out on their own, my 13 year old nephew accidentally swallowed a quarter and needed surgery to remove it because it wedged in someplace and caused a blockage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2008