If you color your hair at home?

how long does it last? how long does it take? what brand and/or style do you use?  or do you recommend having it done in a salon?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 5:58 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I use the cheapest brand to color my hair and grab the high lights box that comes with the cap and hook. I can go about a month without having to color and about 5 or 6 before i redo high lights
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I color my hair at home. It lasts until my hair starts growing and you can see the roots. I do it at home cause it's a lot less expensive which works for my budget. The only time I would get it done at a salon is if I wanted to do something like highlights or lowlights.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I color my hair at home whenever the mood strikes. I use Natural Instincts, since it is semipermanent. I don't have to worry about roots and it growing out since it fades in a couple of months. I do not reccommend anyone doing highlights at home. I tried that 7 years ago, and ended up with bright orange spots all over my head!!! The stylist who "fixed" my mistake said that stuff should be pulled from the shelves. She still cuts my hair, and we have a good laugh about it now!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:04 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I do it always myself never go to an overpriced salon. Its lats just as long as it would from s salon, theres no difference. The only difference is thst I do it myself and that I save bunch of money.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:06 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I went to a salon once and she didnt know what the hell she was doing. I color it at home, I really like feria. takes 30 minutes, lasts me 6 months
    BlueMockingbird

Answer by BlueMockingbird at 6:34 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I do mine at home... I leave it like 10 minutes more yhan what im sapose to so it can get the color...
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 6:52 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I color my hair at home, and I can usually go about 4 to 6 weeks in between touching up my roots. It takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to color my hair, depending on whether or not I am just doing the roots or the whole head. I have been using Colorsilk by Revlon for a long time, it's the cheapest, and its just as good as anything else out there.

You can color you hair at home if you are the kind of person who can follow written directions. Go to the beauty supply store and buy the brush that you can brush the color on with. They will know what you want. It makes it easier than just using your hands. Also, section your hair or the color will not be even. If you are a first timer, do not make a dramatic color change. Just go a shade or two up. If that works out OK for you, you can try something more dramatic next time. But you cannot achieve a pale blonde at home! That's a two process, best left for the salon.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 7:02 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I usually color at home. I use Revlon Cornsilk. It is under five bucks a box. It lasts a few months. I use a root touch up when it grows in. That way all of my hair isn't treated more than once. I recently had my hair colored at the salon because I had extensions put in.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:32 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Color at home I hate coloring at a salon it usually takes about 2 hours for something that will take 20 minutes if you do it at home, and it cheap and easy. I buy Loreal products, they are cheap and won't dry your hair out. Feria is the worst hair color I've ever used it really dryed my hair out. Basically haircolor is good for your hair.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:51 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i highly recommend doing it at the salon or having your stylist come to your home which then they more than likely charge more. but brands for hair color such as the boxed stuff at walmart is cheap and doesnt stay in long. its a waste of money . trust me i tried it for the longest time. and it dyed my hair all kinds of wrong colors and wouldnt take anything. if you go to the salon you save time and money and aggrevation trust me.
    MeehlingMommi23

Answer by MeehlingMommi23 at 1:43 AM on May. 16, 2011