Do your kids ask for veggis?

my two year old was crying for a carrot..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• They beg sometimes for certain things - oldest DD begs for asparagus, brussels sprouts, and these fun baby cucumbers Wal-Mart sometimes has. The rest...eh, they'll eat them but I can't say they'll ask for them, though if I make a meal without they'll ask where the veggies are.
    Anonymous

• When my daughter was little, if her daddy ate it, she would! That's how we got her to eat veggies, and now as an adult, she loves them, still!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:40 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My three-year-old routinely asks for salad at McDonalds - and eats it - and will use all of her supermarket "can I have?"s on fresh broccoli, avocados and fruits.

My 6 year old would do about the same as your two year old, only she would be crying because there WAS a carrot, not that she wanted one.

Go figure.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 6:37 PM on May. 14, 2011

• oh yeah my kids ask for good for they get it every time.. i just thought it was weird he cried for carrots
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:37 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My ds who is 2 1/2, begs for peas and corn for lunch some days. At a recent trip to a farmer's market, he begged for tomatoes and tried to grab them off of people's tables. I finally bought him a little one and he walked around eating it. My dd, absolutely no!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:38 PM on May. 14, 2011

• My eldest will not eat any veggie without extreme duress (he will eat legumes, at least).

My middle child loves carrots and will eat corn and sometimes green beans.

My youngest will beg for carrots and even more so, for cucumbers, above all other things. She also loves salads

I did everything wrong diet-wise with my youngest, and everything right with my oldest. But they each found their way. Luckily, there is still time to change him, because as a baby, he ate everything.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 6:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I wish!! As long as it has cheese on it, he will eat it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:04 PM on May. 14, 2011

• my son has always like veggi's. He ate turnups when he was young like three. A guy at work brought me a some from his garden, just to see if he'd eat them - he did. Cooked and raw.
    when we go out to eat, he'll get a salad before his meal - like at a pizza place.
    he hates chocolate, too.
    that's my boy..
    I.E. - his sister is the opposet, loves chocolate and hates veggi's.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:04 PM on May. 14, 2011

• She steals out of the garden!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• yes. I just had to yell at my 5yo to actually make a plate of dinner and not just eat the broccoli out of the dish. A couple weeks ago she threw a fit because she wanted green beans for lunch. Just green beans.
    They routinely ask for seconds of veggies and nothing else.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:57 PM on May. 14, 2011