Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about health care bill

If in my divorce, it stated that my ex is to provide health insurance for my children.
Will I be fined for not having my children covered? OR will the state step up and find him, to pay child support and / or health insurance for his children.
I don't want to be fined or anything else. I already struggle to pay their medical bills.

Who would be responsible?


Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Unfortunately you will most likely be told to put them on medicaid. With any luck we will get that retched spending mess defunded!!!


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 15, 2011

  • at this point, he has not paid child support sense 2009 - so, maybe they'll step up their efforts to find him,, Or, i guess, myself and other single mom's will be sitting in jail and our kids in foster care. Hmm

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:57 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • I would contact the court as well as an attorney. If you have money issues contact legal aid in your area and they should help.

    Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:26 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • i do have a case with the Attorney Generals office, they say they can't track him down. I've given up on child support, but I don't want to have to pay for health care and or a fine if this bill passes. that's crap, so their father can still get off for free.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:32 PM on May. 14, 2011

  • I make to much for medicaid now or food stamps or any other help.
    I'm stuck in the middle, living pay check to pay check.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

  • Your ex ~

    Answer by tasches at 1:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • Ya, if they can find him. I don't understand, how they can't find him. If he owed the IRS or something, a creditors - could find him.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • If your ex is supposed to cover, then he should be fined. I haven't read the bill, I don't know what it says, but that would be the logical answer.

    Answer by dwmom2008 at 6:53 PM on May. 14, 2011

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN