How can I get my 22 wk old to sleep in his own bed?

Recently my toddler has been waking up at night and we made the mistake of letting him sleep in our bed. Now we can't break the trend. Any tips on how to get him back in his own bed all night?

kherz

Asked by kherz at 6:55 PM on May. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Both of mine slept in their own beds in their rooms from the first night we were home from the hospital. I did this so we would not have this problem. Just be persistent in putting him back in his own room. It may take some sleepless nights, but he will adjust. Good Luck!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 7:00 PM on May. 14, 2011

• If you meant 22 months then try the supernanny technique. Have a nice bedtime routine and then it's hugs and kisses and good night. You can tell the child you will sit on the floor and be nearby. Then sit with your back to the bed and calmly put him back in the bed if he gets up. No talking once you say goodnight. You might have to do it over and over.........and for several nights, but eventually he will learn it does no good to get up. Remember there is no talking, stay calm, loving, and matter of fact. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:31 PM on May. 14, 2011