just wondering if you have...

Just wondering do you or a s.o have HPV! What have you learned about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Now that I know what it is. Yes, I had it and it is not always sexually transmitted. I was 20 and had just had a baby. I went in for my 6 week check up, then a few weeks later to start the depo shots. The nurse said I had warts on my cervix. I totally freaked telling her I didn't have sex with any frogs. LOL Of course she laughed and said I got it from having the baby. Good news lady's. If you have it talk to your Dr. They can be lazored (sp) out. I had surgery in the office and they burned them. Just a little discomfort but not really painful. And No, it didn't hurt my chances of having babies. I had another one 5 years later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Nope, but we do have OCD, does that count?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Are we talking about herpes? If so, yes I do but my hubby doesn't. I had no idea!!!! I do know that I got it from my first because I remember when I was with him I would get these little "pimples" on my vagina. I always thought it was ingrown hair. I was with many men before I found out. Those commercials should tell you what the signs are because my cousin thought the same thing when she found out. Talk to your doc ASAP if your sexually active.You can shed the virus 7-8 days a month and not know it. And it will never go away! Stress and a low-immune system flares it up. 1in 5 people have it and 90% don't know it!!!!!! Keep area dry and clean, in you scratch wash your hands. I take Valtrex once daily to reduce outbreaks and spreading it. You can also take Lysin daily(vitamin sec) If your itching a lot then your getting an outbreak, use condoms, no oral. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I didn't think HPV was a type of herpes or STD. And I also thought only women could get it, being it affects the CERVIX and can lead to cervical cancer...Correct me if I'm wrong, but...I don't think MY husband has a cervix...

But to answer your Q, no I've never had HPV.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Yes I have HPV. No it is not herpes, or related to herpes. It is genital warts. It is similar to warts you get on other body parts. Technically it is an STV (sexually transmitted virus) not an STD. There are a lot of different strands and only a few of them lead to cervical cancer. It is estimated that 80% of sexually active people have HPV, and most never know that they have it. Some people's bodies naturally fight it off, others live with it forever and it never bothers them. Men can have HPV just as much as women, but since it doesn't cause any serious problems all the hype about HPV is focused towards women. There are a lot of good informational websites about HPV. Gardisal is a vaccine that is semi new that helps protect against HPV. It only helps protects against some strains, so even with the vaccine chances are you will get a strain of HPV if you have multiple sex partners.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have a very close family member that has it.
    She got it from sleeping around too much in her younger days.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Pretty much anyone who has had unprotected sex with someone other than a virgin has it...they estimate it to be about 80% of the population, so ya'll probably do. There are over 100 strains and only about 8 are harmful. I think 4 strains cause genital warts and 4 strains cause cervical cancer...they don't know what the rest do, but apparently nothing. They only really test for the harmful strains during a pap unless you ask. So yes, I do.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• see i posted this to see if ppl would talk about it..
    I have it. and didnt know much. mine had no signs..what is freaking me out is i did not have it before i was preg. i had 2 blood transfusions after they were born i had it. the doc said its not blood transmitted. so idk..me and dh hasnt cheated or had sex w.o condoms with other ppl. so i dont know how i got it!!!
    also confused....about the whole thing since me or dh had not had anysigns like the warts etc...
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2008