Do you take twins and singleton out of the house on erronds much?

I feel like it is much easier to just stay home versus trying to take all 3 kids out. I have 8 mth old twins and 22 mth old boy. Going out, even to visit family members, feels so stressful. I think once the twins are over 1 year old, we will be able to go more places. Usually, my husband stays home and I run erronds or one of us takes one child with us. But I cringe going over to dinner at someones house cause then the kids get off their nap schedules, etc. Is this normal or am I a whimp?

kherz

Asked by kherz at 7:01 PM on May. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• when the kids were little, I stayed at home. My time out to the grocery store, I'd take turns with the kids. Each having alone time with Mom. Dad staying home with the other two. I didn't like to go anywhere with all three and all alone - very hard.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:07 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I took my twins and toddler out all the time from day 1. Sorry...things had to be done. Ex-dh sure wasn't putting forth any effort. So, it was all up to me. I just got used to it, I guess.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:12 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I do not have twins, I have kids ages 7,5, 3, 2, 1... and I do take them out alot. I feel that starting early is a good way to teach appropriate behavior in public.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 7:20 PM on May. 14, 2011

• I have a 4 year old and 19 month twins and I take them out all the time. They go shopping with me, whether it be to the grocery store or to the mall. Sometimes it is a little tense when they are crabby, but I think it helps them learn how to act in public.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 8:19 PM on May. 14, 2011

• You are not a wimp! Twins are tough. When mine were babies they were a nightmare in the car. Most babies fall asleep in the car, mine would scream their cute little heads off. Trust me, you'll start getting cabin fever soon and want to start taking them out. There is good news- it does get easier. I had mine reversed- twins first and then the baby. Mine weren't quit as young as yours were- but they were all under three at the same time so I think once they start getting a little older you will feel a lot more comfortable taking them out and once they get potty trained and off formula you don't have to feel like such a packing mule-lol.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 9:39 PM on May. 14, 2011

• Oh- and a quick tip- when I go shopping- especially with toddlers I like to park on the side of the store that way you are next to the sidewalk and you don't have to worry about your kids being in the street and you never forget where you parked your car. It is also usually closer and less crowded because people don't always think to park there.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 9:43 PM on May. 14, 2011